The Ashley Clinic provides patient education materials to help all of our patients enjoy a greater level of healthcare literacy for themselves and their families. These materials are available online by clicking a web link or by selecting a printed pamphlet in the clinic.
The Ashley Clinic patient education resources – both online and printed – offer reliable, up-to-date health and safety information for our patients. This patient education information is intended to complement the information and advice you are receiving from your Ashley Clinic healthcare provider. Your physician, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant should always be your primary resource for health information.
To inquire about printed patient education materials on any given healthcare topic, please call
(620) 431-2500 and speak to one of our knowledgeable staff members.
The patient education web links below cover a wide range of healthcare information topics at respected medical websites.
- ** American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) Self-Care and Patient Information! **
- RSV information from WebMD - Respiratory Syncytial Virus information.
- The US Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) has launched http://www.healthfinder.gov/ designed to help people stay healther. This is an interactive health management tool that contains information resources accessible and easy to use for consumers and professionals. Spanish and English versions available.
- Information on diabetes from the American Diabetes Association at www.diabetes.org.
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission lists valuable safety information as well as recalls on a variety of products at www.cpsc.gov.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention site has a wealth of Information on everything from disease and conditions to emergency preparedness and even travelers' health. This can be found at www.cdc.gov.
- The US Food and Drug Administration (www.fda.gov) is charged with "Protecting and Promoting Your Health." At their website you can find up-to-date information on food recalls and labeling information as well as information on new drugs and medical devices.
Disclaimer: These healthcare links are listed as an educational resource only. These, or any other healthcare links, are no substitute for professional care at one of the Ashley Clinic locations or any other healthcare facility. If you or a family member suspect you may have a health concern, you are encouraged to consult your primary healthcare provider or contact one of the Ashley Clinic locations for an appointment and evaluation. Call (620) 431-2500 for an appointment at Ashley Clinic.
Note: As more patient education materials become available, we will add those links here.